Here’s my list of what I’m exploring this week.
What I’m Saying
ADHD Awareness Month kicks off October 1.
Watch my session at the ADHD Awareness Expo, which runs October 1-31. I join a group of ADHD experts to give you information and resources that are helpful for managing your ADHD.
My session is Moms with ADHD: Managing Guilty Thoughts and Feelings. I dig deep here and talk about the secrets we moms with ADHD hold in and why we need to come to terms with them and integrate them.
Register HERE– there’s no cost!
What I’m Learning About De-Cluttering
This is a great list of things to let go of.
Let me add to that list:
- Appliance manuals (you can find them online).
- Dried up pens/broken pencils.
- Old love letters (take a photo if you must).
- Expired makeup or stuff you know you won’t use/duplicates.
- Over 55? Tampons, acne medicine, and other ancient relics of your youth.
What else should be on that list? Share them in the comment section below.
What I’m Reading
Interesting article in ADDitude Magazine, by leading ADHD expert Dr. Tom Brown:
Favorite Instagram Meme
Hey, follow me on Instagram for memes and quotes and random “Terry Thoughts.”
Makeover Li’l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion, carrot and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight loaves; place in a 13×9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
What I Use Every Day
They are the best deal on the web– great prices, great styles. Get a bunch for you or yours.
Currently 30% off! (Promo code: 3DAY30)
Want to Hang Out with Me *and* Get Affordable Coaching?
Then join The Queens of Distraction!
Work with me throughout the week to get things done. We roll up our sleeves and attack the piles, the projects, the basement- whatever is on your “to-do” list that’s been staring at you for the last 10 years. Bonus: you’ll get to meet THE kindest, most supportive women with ADHD on the planet.
Learn more and sign up here.
When you Need Help, I’m Here
Talk to me- I understand. I get it. I have ADHD, too. And I can help.
I have a few slots open for online consultations via Zoom. These have become super popular, so if you’re looking to work with me one-on-one, grab an appointment. We meet live on Zoom (or you can request email consultations instead).
Learn more and sign up here.
Where to find Terry Matlen:
Wait: Like this article? Please leave your thoughts, resources, hacks, etc. in the comment section below.
And this, too: Want to be alerted when a new blog post is published? Sign up for my newsletter!
* Disclosure: If you buy any products above via my affiliate links, I may get enough money to buy a few candy bars and popcorn (but not enough for a pony)!