Here’s my list of what I’m exploring this week.
What I’m Listening To
Waves from the Gulf of Mexico! There’s nothing more calming (that, plus the sound of rain on the roof). Need something to soothe your soul or help you to fall asleep? Listen to these nature sounds and wash away anxiety, obsessive worries, and more. Also great for background noise if that helps you to concentrate.
What’s New in ADHD Podcasts: Dr. Ned Hallowell!
Dr. Ned Hallowell’s Wonderful World of Different is a 25- episode podcast where he chats with a different guest each week. Each represents a difference in some way, and all have wonderful stories to tell whether it is overcoming obstacles that were in their way, forging an individual path or helping others.
What I’m Reading
The Orchid and the Dandelion: Why Some Children Struggle and How All Can Thrive, by W. Thomas Boyce, M.D.
Dr. Boyce explores the “dandelion” child (hardy, resilient, healthy), able to survive and flourish under most circumstances, and the “orchid” child (sensitive, susceptible, fragile), who, given the right support, can thrive as much as, if not more than, other children. Interesting and helpful read for parents, teachers, medical professionals, etc.
What I’m Excited About
I get a lot of emails and guess what the #1 question I get is:
Where can I find a professional in my area who can help me?
I’ve researched the handful of ADHD directories online and decided that I’m going to develop the best one, ever. One that is user friendly. One that doesn’t frustrate you or make your eyes hurt. One that is comprehensive, where you can find therapists, doctors, coaches, educators, clinics, etc. One that is up to date, and much more.
We’re almost ready to launch, but if you are a professional or have a service or product and would like to be first in line or want to know more it, email me at email@example.com.
Favorite Instagram Meme
Hey, follow me on Instagram for memes and quotes and random “Terry Thoughts.”
10-MINUTE CREAM CHEESE PASTA
- 1/2 lb pasta (spaghetti, penne, fusilli…)
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus more to serve
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more to serve
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup cooking water, plus more if needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chili flakes, or according to taste (optional)
2 large servings or 3 smallish servings.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Right before draining, reserve a cup of starchy pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, warm 1 Tbsp of olive oil and gently fry the garlic (plus a good pinch of chili flakes if you like) for 2-3 minutes. Use a low flame, do not let the garlic burn.
- Then stir the cream cheese and about 1/2 cup of starchy pasta water. Stir to combine oil, cream cheese, water and create a nice and creamy emulsion. Add parmesan cheese and stir well. Your pasta sauce is ready.
- Drain and add your pasta to the skillet. Stir well to evenly coat the pasta in the sauce, add more cooking water as needed for a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of good olive oil or extra virgin olive oil, freshly grated parmesan, and freshly ground black pepper (if you don’t use chili flakes). Enjoy!
What I Just Got to Organize My Purses
Clips onto your shelves and there’s so many ways you can use them- organize your purses, shirts, towels, etc.
Want to Hang Out with Me *and* Get Affordable Coaching?
Then join The Queens of Distraction!
Work with me throughout the week to get things done. We roll up our sleeves and attack the piles, the projects, the basement- whatever is on your “to-do” list that’s been staring at you for the last 10 years. Bonus: you’ll get to meet THE kindest, most supportive women with ADHD on the planet.
Learn more and sign up here.
When you Need Help, I’m Here
Talk to me- I understand. I get it. I have ADHD, too. And I can help.
I have a few slots open for online consultations via Zoom. These have become super popular, so if you’re looking to work with me one-on-one, grab an appointment. We meet live on Zoom (or you can request email consultations instead).
Learn more and sign up here.
Where to find Terry Matlen:
Wait: Like this article? Please leave your thoughts, resources, hacks, etc. in the comment section below.
Want to be alerted when a new blog post is published? Sign up for my newsletter!
* Disclosure: If you buy any products above via my affiliate links, I may get enough money to buy a few candy bars and popcorn (but not enough to feed my new HUGE puppy)!