Here’s my list of what I’m exploring this week.
What I’m Watching
This is a game changer. I promise.
Watch Rick Green’s super popular video – now available to all- for free!
What I’m Learning About De-Cluttering
ADDitudemag.com has such great articles. Check out this one: Don’t Organize It, Purge It: 10 Things to Throw Out Now
I’ve been working on my own home de-cluttering projects. Here’s a trick I’m using as I work on losing a bit more weight and trying to stave off my cookie cravings. I tell myself, as the urge hits me in my salivary glands: ‘time to work on my projects.’
I avert my attention from the pantry to the closet I’m organizing. It’s working. Not always, but it’s helping. Try it! Avert your attention!
Got any de-cluttering tips that work for you? Share them in the comment section below.
What I’m Listening To
Ned is always up to something new and fun! Check out his new podcast, “Dr. Hallowell’s Wonderful World of Different.”
Listen here (and watch for an upcoming segment with yours truly as Ned’s guest).
What I’m Excited About
I get a lot of emails and guess what the #1 question I get is:
Where can I find a professional in my area who can help me?
I’ve researched the handful of ADHD directories online and decided that I’m going to develop the best one, ever. One that is user friendly. One that doesn’t frustrate you or make your eyes hurt. One that is comprehensive, where you can find therapists, doctors, coaches, educators, clinics, etc. One that is up to date, and much more.
We’re almost ready to launch, but if you are a professional or have a service or product and would like to be first in line or want to know more it, email me at email@example.com.
Favorite Instagram Meme
Hey, follow me on Instagram for memes and quotes and random “Terry Thoughts.”
Sheet-Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients until blended. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large bowl or shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding any remaining marinade in bowl.
- Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; add potatoes in a single layer. Drizzle reserved marinade over potatoes, top with lemon slices.
- Bake until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender, 40-45 minutes. If desired, broil chicken 3-4 inches from heat until deep golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
What I Use Every Day
I have a dozen or so of these readers in different styles and colors. I have a lot because I lose or misplace them, so now they’re in every room and in my purse.
They are the best deal on the web– great prices, great styles. Get a bunch for you or yours.
Currently 30% off! (Promo code: SAVE30)
Get your glasses!
Want to Hang Out with Me *and* Get Affordable Coaching?
Then join The Queens of Distraction!
Work with me throughout the week to get things done. We roll up our sleeves and attack the piles, the projects, the basement- whatever is on your “to-do” list that’s been staring at you for the last 10 years. Bonus: you’ll get to meet THE kindest, most supportive women with ADHD on the planet.
Learn more and sign up here.
When you Need Help, I’m Here
Talk to me- I understand. I get it. I have ADHD, too. And I can help.
I have a few slots open for online consultations via Zoom. These have become super popular, so if you’re looking to work with me one-on-one, grab an appointment. We meet live on Zoom (or you can request email consultations instead).
Learn more and sign up here.
Where to find Terry Matlen:
Wait: Like this article? Please leave your thoughts, resources, hacks, etc. in the comment section below.
Want to be alerted when a new blog post is published? Sign up for my newsletter!
* Disclosure: If you buy any products above via my affiliate links, I may get enough money to buy a few candy bars and popcorn (but not enough to feed my new HUGE puppy)!