Here’s my list of what I’m exploring this week.
Where You Can Find Me: Dr. Ned Hallowell’s Podcast
I was a recent guest on Dr. Ned Hallowell’s Podcast: Wonderful World of Different: ADHD and Beyond, where we talked about – of course- women with ADHD. Ned is a kind friend and has been one of the hugest influences, supporters, presenters, writers, on all things ADHD. His newest book, ADHD 2.0, is a must read.
Find out where you can join over 36,000 other women with ADHD at my Facebook page (see below). You’ll connect, laugh, maybe even cry, when you find others you can talk to who, like you and me, live and breathe ADHD.
Besides my main websites at www.ADDconsults.com and www.QueensOfDistraction.com, you can also join my support groups for women with ADHD at https://www.facebook.com/groups/womenWithADD, as mentioned in the above podcast.
….and for you moms with ADHD, join me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/momswithadhd/
What I Said
A while back, I gave a Q/A on my publisher’s (New Harbinger Publications) website: The Female Side of ADHD.
Order my book here on Amazon.
What I’m Excited About
I get a lot of emails and guess what the #1 question I get is:
Where can I find a professional in my area who can help me?
I’ve researched the handful of ADHD directories online and decided that I’m going to develop the best one, ever. One that is user friendly. One that doesn’t frustrate you or make your eyes hurt. One that is comprehensive, where you can find therapists, doctors, coaches, educators, clinics, etc. One that is up to date, and much more.
We’re almost ready to launch, but if you are a professional or have a service or product and would like to be first in line or want to know more it, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Favorite Instagram Meme
Hey, follow me on Instagram for memes and quotes and random “Terry Thoughts.”
Spaghetti With Fried Eggs
Note from Terry: This is a great last minute, no time to shop, prepare or cook meal.
- ½ pound thin spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or lard
- 2 large cloves garlic, lightly smashed and peeled
- 4 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese, optional
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Start the sauce in the next step, and start cooking the pasta when the water boils.
- Combine garlic and 4 tablespoons of the oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the garlic, pressing it into the oil occasionally to release its flavor; it should barely color on both sides. Remove the garlic, and add the remaining oil.
- Fry the eggs gently in the oil, until the whites are just about set and the yolks still quite runny. Drain the pasta, and toss with the eggs and oil, breaking up the whites as you do. (The eggs will finish cooking in the heat of the pasta.) Season to taste, and serve immediately, with cheese if you like.
What I Just Got to Organize a Mess of Computer Cords
I hate hate hate the zillions of cords under my work desk. I purchased this a while back and love it- just stash all the cords into the box and plug them in via the slots. Yay!
Want to Hang Out with Me *and* Get Affordable Coaching?
Then join The Queens of Distraction!
Work with me throughout the week to get things done. We roll up our sleeves and attack the piles, the projects, the basement- whatever is on your “to-do” list that’s been staring at you for the last 10 years. Bonus: you’ll get to meet THE kindest, most supportive women with ADHD on the planet.
Learn more and sign up here.
When you Need Help, I’m Here
Talk to me- I understand. I get it. I have ADHD, too. And I can help.
I have a few slots open for online consultations via Zoom. These have become super popular, so if you’re looking to work with me one-on-one, grab an appointment. We meet live on Zoom (or you can request email consultations instead).
Learn more and sign up here.
Where to find Terry Matlen:
Wait: Like this article? Please leave your thoughts, resources, hacks, etc. in the comment section below.
Want to be alerted when a new blog post is published? Sign up for my newsletter!
* ADHD- friendly disclosure: Some of the links above earn me a tiny commission. Only purchases of my book earn royalty. The end.