Here’s my list of what I’m exploring this week.
What I’m Listening To
Sari Solden, author of Women with Attention Deficit Disorder, Journeys Through ADDulthood, and her latest (with Dr. Michelle Frank): A Radical Guide for Women with ADHD: Embrace Neurodiversity, Live Boldly, and Break Through Barriers, was recently interviewed on Kristen Carder’s podcast, “I Have ADHD.”
Sari’s topic is ADHD Women and Radical Acceptance. She and Kristen discussed the specific struggles that we face when ADHD intersects with our womanhood, the uniqueness of the ADHD woman’s experience, and the specific challenges that we as women with ADHD face.
Why and How I Switched from Being an Introvert to a Mama Lion
Susan Cain, author of Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking and the newly released Bittersweet: How Sorrow and Longing Make Us Whole, profiled my personal story on her website a while back of how I became assertive in caring for my daughter who had sustained a brain injury as a baby.
What I’m Reading
I’ve become more and more interested in early trauma and its effect on us. This one points to how these early experiences can show up as physical illnesses. It’s written by a physician who figured this out early on, gives you a personal snapshot in the lives of young children, and what she did to treat and heal them. Excellent!
What I’m Excited About
I get a lot of emails and guess what the #1 question I get is:
Where can I find a professional in my area who can help me?
I’ve researched the handful of ADHD directories online and decided that I’m going to develop the best one, ever. One that is user friendly. One that doesn’t frustrate you or make your eyes hurt. One that is comprehensive, where you can find therapists, doctors, coaches, educators, clinics, etc. One that is up to date, and much more.
We’re almost ready to launch, but if you are a professional or have a service or product and would like to be first in line or want to know more it, email me at email@example.com.
Favorite Instagram Meme
Hey, follow me on Instagram for memes and quotes and random “Terry Thoughts.”
Hamburger Steak with Gravy
- 1 lb ground beef round
- ¼ cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 package (1.2 oz) brown gravy mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved, thinly sliced
- In large bowl, mix beef, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 (4-inch) patties.
- In small bowl, stir gravy mix and water with whisk; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 4 minutes, turning once, until browned. Remove patties from skillet. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in gravy; heat just to boiling. Return patties to skillet; spoon gravy over patties. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F
What I Just Got to Save Space in My Closet
I seriously just saved a lot of space in my closet with this stackable shoe rack.
Want to Hang Out with Me *and* Get Affordable Coaching?
Then join The Queens of Distraction!
Work with me throughout the week to get things done. We roll up our sleeves and attack the piles, the projects, the basement- whatever is on your “to-do” list that’s been staring at you for the last 10 years. Bonus: you’ll get to meet THE kindest, most supportive women with ADHD on the planet.
Learn more and sign up here.
When you Need Help, I’m Here
Talk to me- I understand. I get it. I have ADHD, too. And I can help.
I have a few slots open for online consultations via Zoom. These have become super popular, so if you’re looking to work with me one-on-one, grab an appointment. We meet live on Zoom (or you can request email consultations instead).
Learn more and sign up here.
Where to find Terry Matlen:
Wait: Like this article? Please leave your thoughts, resources, hacks, etc. in the comment section below.
Want to be alerted when a new blog post is published? Sign up for my newsletter!
* Disclosure: If you buy any products above via my affiliate links, I may get enough money to buy a few candy bars and popcorn (but not enough to feed my new HUGE puppy)!