Here’s my list of what I’m exploring this week.
What I Said
I was a guest, along with Dr. Ellen Littman and Dr. Carol Robbins on CHADD’s Ask the Expert podcast.
Listen to all three of the sessions- all on women/girls with ADHD- HERE.
What I WILL Be Talking About Tomorrow (Thursday) at the ADHD Women’s Palooza
The Highly Sensitive ADHD Woman: When Life is Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Chaotic
The ADHD Women’s Palooza is THE place to get information and resources for- surprise! – women with ADHD. There have been amazing guests all week, including Sari Solden, Dr. Ned Hallowell, Dr. Stephanie Sarkis, Linda Walker, Dr. Ari Tuckman…shall I continue? The top ADHD experts in the world.
It’s not too late to join the excitement, the fun, and most of all, the incredible information you will gain.
Register now if you haven’t already HERE.
What I’m Reading
This book is taking my breath away.
What Happened to You, by Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah Winfrey
“Through deeply personal conversations, Oprah Winfrey and renowned brain and trauma expert Dr. Bruce Perry offer a groundbreaking and profound shift from asking “What’s wrong with you?” to “What happened to you?’”
I believe there is a huge overlap between childhood trauma and ADHD and this book, though not specifically about ADHD, explains how that can be.
What I’m Excited About
I get a lot of emails and guess what the #1 question I get is:
Where can I find a professional in my area who can help me?
I’ve researched the handful of ADHD directories online and decided that I’m going to develop the best one, ever. One that is user friendly. One that doesn’t frustrate you or make your eyes hurt. One that is comprehensive, where you can find therapists, doctors, coaches, educators, clinics, etc. One that is up to date, and much more.
We’re almost ready to launch, but if you are a professional or have a service or product and would like to be first in line or want to know more it, email me at email@example.com.
Favorite Instagram Meme
Hey, follow me on Instagram for memes and quotes and random “Terry Thoughts.”
5 – Minute Tacos
2 Servings (4 Tacos)
- 4 eggs
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 4 taco sized tortillas or 8 mini tortillas
- Purchased salsa fresca or pico de gallo
- 1 handful thinly sliced red onion
- Torn cilantro leaves (optional)
- Hot sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 4 eggs. Add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and kosher salt, and whisk until combined.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the eggs and cook over medium low heat, scraping as the eggs solidify, about 3 to 4 minutes total. As you scrape, they’ll start to form together into a meat-like texture. Don’t scrape too much or you’ll make too small of pieces: just enough for that it comes together!
- If time, warm and char the tortillas by placing them on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm.
- Top with salsa fresca (drain extra liquid before serving), thin sliced red onions, torn cilantro leaves, and hot sauce.
Want to Focus? Try Fidgets!
Truth! You can focus and pay attention better while fidgeting. Do it inconspicuously and in style with these adorable fidget rings.
Pick one out HERE.
Want to Hang Out with Me *and* Get Affordable Coaching?
Then join The Queens of Distraction!
Work with me throughout the week to get things done. We roll up our sleeves and attack the piles, the projects, the basement- whatever is on your “to-do” list that’s been staring at you for the last 10 years. Bonus: you’ll get to meet THE kindest, most supportive women with ADHD on the planet.
Learn more and sign up here.
When you Need Help, I’m Here
Talk to me- I understand. I get it. I have ADHD, too. And I can help.
I have a few slots open for online consultations via Zoom. These have become super popular, so if you’re looking to work with me one-on-one, grab an appointment. We meet live on Zoom (or you can request email consultations instead).
Learn more and sign up here.
Where to find Terry Matlen:
Wait: Like this article? Please leave your thoughts, resources, hacks, etc. in the comment section below.
Want to be alerted when a new blog post is published? Sign up for my newsletter!
* Disclosure: If you buy any products above via my affiliate links, I may get enough money to buy a few candy bars and popcorn (but not enough to feed my new HUGE puppy)!