With Christmas roaring up behind you, I’ll be brief, so you can get your preparations done. So today, I give you:
WHAT NOT TO DO 4 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- Do NOT bother cleaning your upstairs. You need all of your energy for the rooms you’ll be using during the holiday, especially if you have guests coming.
TIP: Don’t clean the house. You heard me. But instead, do a quick tidy up of the kitchen, bathroom, and other areas downstairs. Put a garbage bag in each room and toss in *anything* visible you can get rid of: newspapers, leftover food, etc.
Grab laundry baskets- now- and toss in anything that is cluttering up those rooms. Hide them upstairs until you recover from the holidays and have the energy to put things away.
- Don’t cook.
TIP: Instead, prepare only easy peasy meals for now: carry out, quick pasta, frozen leftovers, or other fast and easy prep dinners. Heck, scrambled eggs are fine, too.
- Don’t wrap gifts if you’re stressed out.
TIP: Instead, grab some nice gift bags and colorful tissue. Take it from there. Or do what I do: I pay my youngest to wrap them for me- not including hers, of course!
- Do not freak OUT.
TIP: Instead, make your final list for what you still need to do.
- Don’t over-do it with alcohol, chocolate, and other stress -relieving bad habits.
TIP: Find ways to calm yourself down in healthy ways. When I’m stressed, I want CHOCOLATE and too much screen time to distract myself. Get thee outside for a walk.
Here are some other anti-stress activities:
- Check out this list of apps to help you.
- Online (free) Yoga.
- Breathing technique for anxiety/stress.
- Nature sounds to sooth your soul. Rain.
- Choose your own nature sounds.
- Pet your cat/dog.
- Watch a funny video or two or three. Here’s one of my favorites.
Freaking out Because You Didn’t Get All of Your Gift Shopping Done?
Have no fear. You can download or email e-gift cards from Amazon.
And here’s a list of *truly* last minute gifts
And if you still need more ideas, check out my personal hand -picked choices.
Want to Hang Out with Me *and* Get Affordable Coaching?
Then join The Queens of Distraction!
Work with me throughout the week to get things done. We roll up our sleeves and attack the piles, the projects, the basement- whatever is on your “to-do” list that’s been staring at you for the last 10 years. Bonus: you’ll get to meet THE kindest, most supportive women with ADHD on the planet.
Learn more and sign up here.
When you Need Help, I’m Here
Talk to me- I understand. I get it. I have ADHD, too. And I can help.
I have a few slots open for online consultations via Zoom. These have become super popular, so if you’re looking to work with me one-on-one, grab an appointment. We meet live on Zoom (or you can request email consultations instead).
Learn more and sign up here.
Where to find Terry Matlen:
Wait: Like this article? Please leave your thoughts, resources, hacks, etc. in the comment section below.
Want to be alerted when a new blog post is published? Sign up for my newsletter!
* Disclosure: If you buy any products above via my affiliate links, I may get enough money to buy a few candy bars and popcorn (but not enough to feed my new HUGE puppy)!