Here’s my list of what I’m exploring this week.
What I’m Saying
PsychCentral just published an excellent article: “Why Is My ADHD So Bad Today and What Can I Do?”, with quotes from yours truly.
What I’m Learning
Fewer Children Outgrow ADHD Than Previously Thought
I was reading an article in the Washington Post, written by my friend and colleague, Pulitzer-prize-winning reporter and author/journalist Katherine Ellison, and was so happy I did.
Earlier studies showed that most kids outgrew their ADHD symptoms, but that’s certainly not what my experience has been, working in the field these last 25 years.
What I’m Reading
Mothers and Murderers: A True Story of Love, Lies, Obsession…and Second Chances
by Katherine Ellison
Speaking of Katherine Ellison, whose earlier book, “Buzz: An ADHD Mother’s Search for Understanding, Patience, and Comic Relief: A Year of Paying Attention, A Memoir” took my breath away for its honesty and compassion, she’s since written a…get this…TRUE murder mystery involving Kathy! I just ordered it and can’t wait to dive in.
Favorite Instagram Meme
Hey, follow me on Instagram for memes and quotes and random “Terry Thoughts.”
Tacos on a Stick
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Salsa con queso or sour cream, optional
- In a large shallow dish, combine the taco seasoning, tomato juice and oil; mix well. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; refrigerate. Add beef and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, peppers, onion and tomatoes. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting until meat reaches desired doneness, 8-10 minutes. If desired, serve with salsa con queso or sour cream.
Great T-shirt on Etsy
Wouldn’t this make a great gift for someone you love with ADHD? Or for yourself?
It’s at Etsy (currently on sale) and you can get yours HERE.
Want to Hang Out with Me *and* Get Affordable Coaching?
Then join The Queens of Distraction!
Work with me throughout the week to get things done. We roll up our sleeves and attack the piles, the projects, the basement- whatever is on your “to-do” list that’s been staring at you for the last 10 years. Bonus: you’ll get to meet THE kindest, most supportive women with ADHD on the planet.
Learn more and sign up here.
When you Need Help, I’m Here
Talk to me- I understand. I get it. I have ADHD, too. And I can help.
I have a few slots open for online consultations via Zoom. These have become super popular, so if you’re looking to work with me one-on-one, grab an appointment. We meet live on Zoom (or you can request email consultations instead).
Learn more and sign up here.
Where to find Terry Matlen:
Wait: Like this article? Please leave your thoughts, resources, hacks, etc. in the comment section below.
Want to be alerted when a new blog post is published? Sign up for my newsletter!
* Disclosure: If you buy any products above via my affiliate links, I may get enough money to buy a few candy bars and popcorn (but not enough for a pony)!