Taking a shower, at least for me and many I know with ADHD, isn’t a simple grooming ritual. It’s a time to…
1. Brainstorm new ideas for decorating the living room.
2. Ruminate over what a co-worker said the day before and wondering why the words still sting.
3. Reminisce being a little girl, hunting for 4 leaf clovers, with no other care in the world.
4. Mentally prepare dinner
5. Suddenly become incredibly creative: planning a new painting, writing a new song, screenplay, poem <fill in the blank>
6. Worry about the kids
7. Remember all the bills that have yet to be paid
8. Simply daydream
…which of course, causes us to lose sight of the time and find ourselves yet again late for work, getting the kids off to school, etc.
I found a solution to the problem. It’s a clock that you put in the shower! You can keep daydreaming, yes, but the clock will remind you when to stop. Check it out HERE.