I generally hate New Year’s resolutions because 99% of the time, I’m guessing, they do nothing but set you up for failure and six weeks into the New Year, you feel like crap about yourself. So in the spirit of my Bah Humbug attitude towards resolutions, I present my own…
Terry’s Top 10 ADD New Year’s Resolutions
1. I will check the pantry before accidentally buying an 11th jar of Ketchup.
2. When I cannot find my reading glasses, I will first pat the top of my head before spending 20 minutes searching for them.
3. I will return phone calls within 24 hours, not 24 days. Make that: ‘I’ll TRY to.’
4. I will not wait until the day before my daughter’s sleep meds run out to get a refill…because I will forget and we will all be up the entire night until I remember to get to the drugstore.
5. I will make a hair appointment two weeks before my roots begin to show vs two weeks after.
6. I will throw out leftover food 1-2 days before they’ve gone bad instead of 1-2 weeks. Last week, I learned my lesson. Thank goodness for Imodium Extra Strength.
7. I will strive harder to remember people’s names instead of their dog’s. Why is it I can remember Lucky the Lab, but not Sarah the owner?
8. I will never, ever buy clothes with even a hint of wool in them. Why do I keep torturing myself hoping my hypersensitivities are improving with age?
9. I will never start laundry after midnight again. Waking up to the stench of clean, damp clothes just doesn’t sit right with me.
10. When I get down on myself for my quirky ADHD “ways”, I will stop and remind myself that I am not my ADHD; my ADHD is only a part of me.
How about your list? Fun or serious, share yours in the comment section below- I’d love to hear from you!
In the meantime, if you’d like to get a head start working on your list, come join me and other women with ADHD at the Queens of Distraction, where we get out of our chairs and into action. We have fun, too!
Check it out HERE NOW- I’m offering an extra month for FREE through January 4.