Happy New Year to all of you! Now, I normally don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions, for two reasons:
- I never remember what they are.
- I don’t want to set myself up for failure.
However…this year I am sharing…
Terry’s Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions
1. I will get to the hairdresser before there are 5” of gray hairs peeking through.
2. I will stop freaking out whenever there’s a change of plans at the Matlen house. Why is transitioning so difficult?
3. Ok, just checked my last from last year and sadly, most are the same, so here they are with one BIG resolution: I will not get angry with myself for not making much progress on last year’s list. ADHD is not something that is easily controlled and I have to walk the talk: I’ll do my best but not judge myself. So here’s the rest of that list:
4. I will return phone calls within 24 hours, not 24 days.
5. I will spend less time on Facebook, which really is like crack cocaine for those of us with ADD. Wait, first I need to check and make sure I didn’t miss anyone’s birthday. Oh, cute baby! Haa…great puppy video. (yikes)
6. I will remember to take out the laundry from the washer and put it in the dryer.
7. I will TRY and remember to take out laundry from the dryer to the laundry baskets.
8. I will purge my closets of clothes that are more than 10 years old. But what about the 20 year old stuff?
9. I will file away those two five + piles of papers I’m staring at right this minute. I am not even going to mention the other 4 piles next to those. That’s for my next year’s resolution.
10. Thank goodness for resolution lists like this- I just realized I have forms to fill out and send that were due last week month.
How about you? Share your ADD Resolutions below, in the comment section. In the meantime, if you’d like to get a head start working on your list, come join me and other women with ADHD at the Queens of Distraction, where we get out of our chairs and into action. We have fun, too!
Check it out HERE NOW- I’m offering a New Year’s 20% off discount only through January 4, 2016.