You Know You’re Having an ADHD Christmas When…….
- You tell everyone to bring a dish…and can’t remember what everyone said they’d bring…so you end up with 12 dozen cheese balls.
- You go to Meijers or another 24/7 box store 3 hours before Christmas Eve to buy stocking stuffers.
- Your kids wake up Christmas morning at 5am and are still waiting for you at noon to come down, because you didn’t start wrapping presents until 1am and are too sleep deprived to get up.
- You cut into the turkey only to find a plastic bag full of giblets.
- You wrap the gifts with birthday wrapping paper because you waited until the last minute to get Christmas paper.
- You forgot to put the dishes through the dishwasher that morning, so it’s paper plates. Again.
- You send out your holiday cards on New Years Day.
- For my Jewish friends/family: You walk around with red, raw knuckles for a week because you can’t judge how far the potato/onion grater is from your hand.
- You forget to put names on the presents, so you have to unwrap and re-wrap them all over again.
- You procrastinated taking down the holiday lights last year so BONUS– all you have to do is plug them in THIS year.
Ok, I need one more- I only have 10. That’s where YOU come in. Post your funny ADD holiday story/tip in the Comment section below by Dec. 25, and one lucky reader will win a free copy of one of my ADHD eWorkbooks, seen here, at the bottom of the page
I will choose the funniest one and share it in the next newsletter/blog. Posting it means you give me permission to post it on my blog, my newsletter, in social media, etc. as well. I will use your first name only unless you request otherwise (you can use a pseudonym).
By submitting your story, you will be subscribed to my newsletter (you can unsubscribe at any time).
Winners will be contacted via email by December 31, Good luck!
PS: Looking for gift ideas perfect for your ADHD family members? Check out my favorite picks HERE.